We’re planning just a small get-together this year (that we can’t wait to share!), but if your party is a bit larger, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite recipes for those last-minute additions:
- For your appetizers, become an expert at shucking oysters and make the best oyster mignonette to boot. Our riff on Julia Child’s classic chicken liver mousse also makes a nice (decadent) addition to an appetizer spread.
- Cheers! Toast to the holiday with our new favorite cocktail, the Cranberry 75.
- Or, if true classics are more your thing, you can’t go wrong with a traditional Manhattan.
- And, if you’re still in the final planning of your dessert table, we’ve got two easy pie recipes—one of which even won a bake-off!
- Don’t discard those trimmings and peelings! Use them to make a rich, flavorful stock.
- At the end of the night, leave the dishes to someone else and cozy up on the couch with a good movie and a mug of mulled wine.